Woooow, what a week!
While many of you are enjoying the summer holidays, we have never been as busy as last week. But finally, we have launched our world map portal in beta!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂
Thanks for the early birds that have already had a look at the site and let us know their opinions. And special thanks to the praises, we’re happy that you like our work 🙂
Here’s a quick sum-up from what we’ve learnt from you and what we put on our to-do list.
120+ feedback items received
on MAPCAT, in Facebook groups, Twitter and email
We have sat down with the team to review each and every item and made a decision about them. Set up priorities, had a review on the resource needs and capabilities, and so on…
Some easy catches that have already been done:
– the icon set has been harmonized (map icons vs. info window icons);
– typing errors have been corrected.
Projects with top priorities (i.e. coming soon):
– Editor function
- we will update the idEditor to the latest version and add satellite imagery as soon as possible, as requested by the OSM community;
- for those not familiar with the idEditor, we will add a notification that OSM ID is required for the editing.
– Mobile version
We understand that you are lacking the mobile version of the site, therefore we are putting extra effort on having it ready urgently. Still, the long-term plan is having a mobile app in which map editing will be super easy on-the-go.
– Other features:
- as POI management is one of our top features, we will review all comments regarding POI info, like changing hospital and religious icons, etc.;
- we will add extra POI info in the info window (e.g. opening hours, website) when available;
- we will allow you to modify the offered route plan manually (dragging starting/end/viapoints).
Thanks again for your great comments. Please keep on using our site and sending us your feedbacks! We believe that we can only make a Catting edge map experience together.
Not sure where to submit your comments? Read our previous post.