As you already know, Mapzen ceased its operation as of 1st of February, 2018. All respect to their team that did a great job for the benefits of the whole OpenSource community. However, their users are probably facing a hard time now looking for an alternative.
As stated on Mapzen’s website, MAPCAT provides a good Mapzen alternative when you are looking for mapping services. We provide custom-made, OpenStreetMap-based worldwide map APIs for any platform, to visualize and activate your location-based data.
Why is MAPCAT a good alternative to Mapzen?
– it’s based on the OpenStreetMap database;
– it’s extremely simple to switch to MAPCAT from any other map service;
– supports Mapzen, Mapbox, Tangram and other SDKs;
– we provide multi-profile, worldwide directions (cars, pedestrians, bicycles);
– local languages (i18n) are supported;
– we offer geocoding and reverse geocoding and advanced POI management;
– you can use our API to encode, decode your location data;
– we provide downloadable geodata in shape files, OpenLR, vector tiles, or in other GIS formats;
– our worldwide map matching service is coming soon, to help you track you assets, manage fleets, etc.;
– for the same budget, you get the more transactions than at other service providers;
– unique transaction model: limitless visualization API calls within a session.
Read more on typical uses cases on our site, our check out our technical documentation.
Request your API keys now or contact our team for a custom offer.
Looking forward to welcoming you among our users.
Leave a Reply